Friday, April 25, 2014

Try new things...

So...in light of my recent disappointment, and after an appropriate amount of sulking. I got to thinking about this "new day". What do I want it to look like? How do I want it to feel? What will my focus be AND how am I going to get there?  Redman Half Triathalon...BOOM! And just like that...It's on the list!
Channeling my inner Marci w some WGGS
That's what's next to train for minus a leisurely 10k swim just for kicks on Jul 31st! haha! Lorinda has yet again talked me into some crazy adventure!  So...I've got one week left before I start serious training...

It's about to get real!
Step one- thank Lorinda for my badass tune-up!!! Step two- buy more Hoo-ha Ride Glide!!!
Also, there will be more of this...
Yes...I wear my goggles everywhere!
I know your shocked and wondering how can she do any more of that?!?!?! LOL but I'm not talking about just swimming. I'm talking about meeting new people and old friends to workout together and be silly; I want it to be fun. Why the hell would I work out so hard if not to enjoy my health and laugh with friends. So as you can see, the one that got away...has actually made me stronger! To new days! To trying new things! To sharing life with friends! I will no longer be afraid to push myself, to dream big! And let me tell you why...
Drills are funner with friends!
The day of this picture I decided to ride my bike to the nat. Just for kicks, see how far it was and make it my firstbrick of  the season. Lanes were sooooooo full we had to share. Turns out...we know this lady!!! Had never met in person, but she's in my running club. AWESOMESAUCE! We had a hysterical time doing drills and laughing at each other talking about races and most of all encouraging each other. As I started to leave she said, "DK, I just wanted to tell you how encouraging I think you are..." Oh crap! Here come the water works, of course I started to cry! "No, really" she said "your post about your swim literally moved me to tears". Wow...I was speechless. And at that very moment I got a small glimmer of why God allows failure and disappointment. 
It was at that moment that I decided I will ALWAYS TRY and I will HAVE FUN doing it. Whatever it is! I am committed to the "new day" and making the best of it no matter what comes. 
Let the games begin...
I was on a seriously workout junkie high this day and told Alicia I would LOVE to go run w her later that evening. Hey...my first tri of the season. Never mind I did it in the wrong order, and my transition times sucked LOL ! I met her at 7pm for literally one of the best "feel good" runs I had had in a long time. We laughed so hard I almost peed. I talked her in to running by our friend Catherine's house and texting her a pic!! Because she's in a boot right now and it would totally torture her to see us out running BWAHahahaha yea...we're like the most awesome friends ever!!! IT WAS FREAKIN HYSTERICAL!!!...to us teehee
So there's my day...my new day...my new 'tude to move forward! I am trying new things and being silly and NOT scared to try stuff!
Dillo catchin' ain't no joke!
Which is exactly how this happened! And how I've come to embrace my new motto:

DON'T BE A PUSSY...TRY NEW SHIT!

It's not a motto for everyone...but it works for me!
Love, DkTurtles


2 comments:

  1. Hey DK! Try this NEW THING! :) I nominated you for a Liebster award. Find your questions here - http://jojocouture-southernfriedsoul.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-1st-blogiversary-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete