Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Getting Started...

I laugh at my self a LOT...and some people think I'm crazy! Truth is they're right. I am crazy!

Crazy for turtles, crazy for cupcakes, crazy for running, super crazy about swimming, and so much more. In fact...I LOVE being crazy. Crazy is my drug of choice and keeps me healthy. It also helps me be courageous enough to share my passion for families, my love of Jesus, and my desires for health with the world.

In the day of "take a pill" for everything, I much prefer to "work it out"!  It's not a perfect solution and it doesn't cure everything, BUT...I will tell you a secret: My life has changed completely by doing just one thing...moving my body!

I always heard, it just takes one step, or just get started. Honestly, that was way too hard with my self. My self used to be my worst enemy. So here's what I did. I told my self to shut the hell up while I went out to find a new self! A new wife, a new mom, a new me...I knew I would be happier if I could just get started. So first thing I did was surround my empty self with a group of women that I admired, a group of women that were not perfect...but that had some things I wanted: energy and kindness.

Energy I wanted to spend on my family.  Kindness I needed to help me change! Living life, laughing, and celebrating the things that I could do, made me want to do more and more.  Being in a community with strong ladies that believe in you even when you can't see it in yourself is nothing short of a blessing!
So these are my tales...of moving! and running! and biking! and swimming! And with God's help I am hopeful that I will never forget where I came from on my daily adventures to encourage others to also find their new self!


2 comments: