Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Disappointment and Redirection

So here's the deal (aka-harsh reality) I've been working a lot, struggling to make even the bare minimum of workouts, having tons of fun on my mountain bike, swimming, running, but just not feeling like I could get it all in. REDMAN 70.3 for my birthday started to feel like something I wanted to say I did but not really do. Is that weird? Long story short, I decided not to do it. I decided if I like trails so much then DUH...I should race more trails!! So here I go...
I survived my first Xterra! IT. WAS. HARD. But I totally loved it! So out I go to the trails to train for some more when...
BAM!!!! I decided to fly over my handle bars and put all my weight and speed into my left wrist. Guess what? That was a bad idea!
Not my best pic...
But as you can see I am wearing a brace. 
So... (thank goodness no bones are broken) I am letting my tendons and ligaments recover from the trauma. 
No swimming ... SUCK! Especially after the epic 5k fail...
No biking ... BLOWS! I had just gotten clips...
Whole 30 - atleast I finished that!!! So, I decided to take a break and go visit an old friend in Houston ... AWESOMENESS!!
One of my favorite places, Moody Gardens in Galveston, always reminds me how much I love exploring nature with my kids!
Rainforest Rocks!
No words needed here!
This place is so cool! And I was almost able to completely ignore the fact that 
Corey *may have made fun of me for not being able to swim, ride, or run for the whole weekend LOL but it was a nice break!
Now I'm back, followed up w ortho and he said 4 more weeks in the brace... WTH?!?! four more weeks puts me past my birthday... Hmmmm... Maybe just three weeks in the brace? 😮 
Now I'm trying to once again "recalculate" as Siri would say when I steer off course.
Good news tho, since all I can do is run, I'm actually getting a little faster! Maybe my Snowdrop Ulltra at the end of the year is going to benefit from all of the disappointments I am enduring this season. 
Ever have an entire YEAR that doesn't go as planned?!?!
Weather, injury, finances...you name it, it's happening this year to me!

BUT HERE'S THE DEAL...

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP
I WILL ALWAYS HAVE FUN
MY SPIRIT IS ENCOURAGED

Mostly by my husband, and all the awesome ladies in my life that keep me looking on the positive side. They are always there no matter what I need: drinks, a run, a weekend away, oils! LOL You name it. I am so blessed!
DK's pick me up dinner!
The disappointment starts to fade when I look at it from what I *have done and not what I haven't!
Bring on the birthday...no matter what I decided to do...
IT WILL BE FUN!

#dontbeapussy #trynewshit












No comments:

Post a Comment